Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cake

I made a cake tonight for the Cub Scouts Blue and Gold banquet. We were celebrating 75 years of cub scouts (100 years of boy scouts). Maggie made the cookies for me which was a huge help!

Here's the back:

I used white cake mixes. I think I used 8 of them.


I mixed dry strawberry jello into strawberry jam for the filling between the layers (I used 3 jars of Smuckers simply fruit and two 3-oz packages of jello and heated it in the microwave for 1 minute).

Here's a close-up of the filling:


The three layers before frosting:

4 comments:

Kelsie said...

That looks really delicious Megan. I think it turned out great, you did an excellent job!

AJ said...

That's an awesome cake! Was it for a cake auction or just for fun. My cake for our blue and gold banquet will definitely not be as cool looking. Probably just a flat cake, maybe with blue frosting. :)

Heather M said...

Yummy...you're making me so hungry looking at your photos! It looks absolutely delectable!

Kathleen said...

I could have just sat down and eaten a bowl of that frosting...and then gone into a sugar-induced coma. But it would have been worth it! Good job!