Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yellowstone National Park

Well, after road construction delays and getting lost, we made it to our campsite in Yellowstone National Park around 11 p.m. Sunday night.

Bill and I left Sandy sleeping in her carseat and got out to find that it was about 35 degrees outside. Not what we were expecting in August, I guess we should have checked the weather report.

Bill got the tent set up in record time. We decided it was too cold for Sandy to sleep in her pack and play, so we bundled her up between us and snuggled into our down sleeping bags.

Shortly after midnight, Sandy was cuddled up into Bill and I decided this camping thing wasn't too bad. Then Sandy rolled over, nuzzled into my neck, and threw up. Twice.

I wiped Sandy and I down the best I could with baby wipes and settled in for a long, restless night. Luckily we were able to find showers and a laundromat the next morning.

Then we were off to see the beauties of Yellowstone!

Bill and Sandy at Old Faithful.


Megan and Sandy at another geyser.

Megan and Sandy again.

Bill and Sandy making dinner back at the campsite.

No comments: