Saturday, May 12, 2012

Scootering and a Story

_2012-05-11 12.07.45

_2012-05-11 12.07.57

So I thought I had a list of stories to blog about once I finally got around to updating my blog, and I can’t find it. But I did want to share this one:

 

I was laying down with Abby trying to get her to take a nap and Sandy was playing on the back porch and kept running in and telling me about her monster. Thinking she was pretending and wanting her to stop keeping Abby awake, I kept brushing her off and telling her to go outside and play.

Well, after awhile, she came in and stood by the bed and said, “See, mom, look at my monster.”

She showed me something like this (I did not stop to take an actual picture.)

Dead chick

source

 

I screamed, she dropped it on the floor, them immediately picked it back up and cradling it to her chest and stroking it, said, “It’s okay, mom, it’s a dead monster.”

Abby did not get a nap afterall, and I spent the afternoon very freaked out and disinfecting and washing everything. Ugh!

1 comment:

Heather M said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry! That's disgusting! I think that tops the time we found a bird-pecked bird in our backyard that obviously was a victim of a bird-fight. Gross. But that didn't go in my house... the sight might have been worse though but the germ factor on yours is much grosser. Poor You!