When did my baby go from this:
The days sometimes seem long, but the years sure fly by!
We had a weeklong celebration of Abby’s birthday. Sunday, we skyped with Grandma Sherri and Grandpa Dave. They gave Abby a doll, Abby has wanted a doll like Sandy got last year (with hair!). Here are the girls sitting on the porch with their baby dolls.
Monday night worked best for us to celebrate because it was a busy week. We had a special Family Home Evening about Abby and looked at pictures from when she was born.
Then, Grandma and Grandpa Buhler came over for cake.
Here’s a shot Tuesday morning of the girls on the porch with dolls, and Abby is in her birthday dress from Grandma and Grandpa Buhler:
(she’s in 3T clothes now!)
Wednesday morning (Abby’s official birthday) we had our traditional birthday pancakes.
I told Abby we could go somewhere special for lunch and she asked for “Chick-fil-A playplace.” Yes, she did say all that! So, we piled in the car to drive to the Chick-fil-A with a playplace which is a good 20 minutes from our house and she fell asleep before we got there. So, we went through the drive through and brought it home.
10 Things About Abby on her Birthday
10. When I ask her to do something, or not to do something, she will usually look at me and say so sweetly, “Okay, mommy.” (That doesn’t mean she doesn’t sometimes go back to what she was doing as soon as my back is turned, though..)
9. She loves Dora and all things Dora!
8. She loves book and likes to read several at a time whether she’s being read to or just looking at books by herself.
7. She loves to sing. Every night we sing I am a child of God before we put the girls to bed. Abby has started singing with us recently.
6. She entertains herself very well. I am constantly amazed at how well and how long she will happily play by herself.
5. She is very independent… She loves to get things for herself (like yogurt out of the fridge, thus, we now have a lock on our fridge and our pantry.)
4. She loves all things dairy: milk, yogurt, and cheese.
3. She has picked up so many things from her sister – she can count to ten, knows her colors, knows many of her letters. I didn’t actually try to teach her any of this stuff, but she just picked it up as I worked with Sandy.
2. She loves planes, helicopters, cars, and trucks. We live in the path of the life flight helicopter and she stops whatever she is doing – inside or outside – if she hears the helicopter to run and look for it.
1. She loves pink, give her a choice and she will almost always pick whatever is pink!
Happy Birthday, Abby!