Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Little Helper


Sandy decided to wash her own clothes this morning... in the dog's water dish. I'm not sure where she got the idea, but surely she's just trying to help, right?

She also loves to wipe up spills, real or imaginary. She also loves to put things away, although I'm always surprised at where she thinks they should go (car keys in the recycle bin, dog food in her push along hippo).

She is also quite the imitator. This week I have been picking out embroidered logos on some of Bill's old work shirts. The other morning I found Sandy bent over one of the shirts with my seam ripper (cap still on!). Last night as I was getting ready to go to Bill's mission reunion, I watched Sandy go to the bathroom trash can, pull out a Q-tip, and proceed to brush it across her eye. A few minutes earlier she had watched me clean up some smeared eyeliner with a Q-tip dipped in eye make-up remover.

The transition to toddler bed has been difficult. I spent the entire night last night sleeping on a mattress next to her bed! I think I'm going to have to get tough tonight!

No comments: