Friday, April 26, 2013

Announcement

Apr 18 2013

We are expecting a baby on or around November 5 (which makes me 12 weeks pregnant).

This has been an emotional roller coaster of a pregnancy and there have been four times that I was sure it was over, yet every time the ultrasound has shown the baby is still doing well. I’ve had pretty good reasons for being concerned, like the subchorionic hemorrhage I had last Thursday night (just hours after the ultrasound picture above).

Here is the ultrasound from last Friday showing the subchorionic hemorrhage, and the baby still doing well:

subchorionic

 

I had one when I was pregnant with Abby – and although it was very scary, it turned out okay. There was a lot more bleeding with this one. Also a lot of cramping, which I don’t remember with Abby. The bleeding is under control, the cramping has gotten much better, but still comes back if I do anything strenuous.

At this point, I’ve decided this is a miracle baby – there have been plenty of chances for this pregnancy to end, plenty of times I thought it had, so I hope that means the miracles will continue. Well, it is in God’s hands. 

The girls are incredibly excited about the baby! They wanted to carry around the ultrasound pictures, so Bill made them their own copies. Sandy colored hers in, both girls have them taped above their beds. Several times a day, one or both of them will come and put their head to my stomach to check on the baby. Usually they tell me the baby is laughing, although occasionally crying or screaming. 

Abby is convinced the baby is a girl. She came with me to an earlier ultrasound than either of the two pictured above and insisted the baby looked like a girl.

3 comments:

K and M said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! How exciting! What a blessing babies are. I wish you all the best with this pregnancy and will keep you in my prayers.

AJ said...

Hannah says "hip hip horray" and we add our congratulations. Best of luck with your miracle baby! (And just a side not my prove your not a robot word is heavenly) :)

Megan said...

Congrats. This is your rainbow baby...every rainbow baby is a miracle and just what a family needs. Sending prayers your way.