Sunday, August 15, 2010

Disappearing Abby & Potty Training

I put Abby down for a nap when we got home from church today. After lunch, I ran into my bedroom to get something and on the way thought: "Where's Abby? I know I put her on my bed."

After a moment of panic, I realized she had pulled the sheet over herself. Here's the view from the other side of the bed.


We've discovered the joy of playdough at our house! I made some playdough the other day when Sandy had a friend over and it was a big hit. My recipe is on my other blog.

Also, we've started potty training. Sandy was not wanting to lay down for diaper changes and taking her diaper off if it was even the least bit wet, so I bought some pullups and did the whole spend the day in the bathroom potty training. But she wasn't quite ready and it was a bit stressful, so I decided I needed to make it easier on both of us. We went to the store and Sandy picked out potty treats:

So, now, I just wait for Sandy to tell me she needs to go potty. She gets one jelly bean for sitting on the toilet, a teaspoonful if she actually uses the bathroom while she's there. It's been a week and so far it has been very effective. She is peeing on the toilet a couple of times a day. So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Sandy and Abby love each other very much. It is so fun to see Sandy cuddle with her sister and to see Abby's big smile when she sees Sandy.


Sandy got a bandaid for an owie on her knee and decided Abby needed one too.

Here is Sandy sharing toys with Abby in my messy living room - we still have all of the stuff from the girls room in the front room while we finish painting/remodeling the girls room.

3 comments:

Heather M said...

Wow! I can't imagine how scared I'd be if my baby disappeared like that. Vivian hates to have blankets/towels or anything cuddly on her so I guess I don't have to worry about that at least with her. I love the pictures of Abby chilling on the bed. She's so darling.

Heather M said...

Do you have another blog besides this one and the "In need of comfort" one? I couldn't find your playdough recipe on that one.

Jessica Bair said...

My biggest mistake while potty training Bianca was the use of Pullups. Kids tend to get lazy and use them as diapers. With Ava and Joseph they went straight to underwear. They only had a couple of accidents and that was it. Sounds like Sandy is doing well. Keep up the good work.